The most common causes of anaphylactic shock are:
Foods: especially nuts, certain kinds of fruit, fish and less often spices
Drugs: especially penicillins, anaesthetic drugs, some intravenous infusion liquids, and injections. Aspirin and other painkillers (called NSAIDs) can produce very similar reactions.
Latex: mainly in rubber latex gloves, catheters, other medical products, but also in many things encountered in daily life. Sufferers are often health care workers, mainly nurses, or have other occupational contact with latex. They may also get anaphylaxis from bananas, avocados, kiwi fruit, figs, or other fruits and vegetables including even potatoes and tomatoes.
Bee or wasp stings: these may cause faintness, difficulty in breathing, or a rash or swelling of a part of the body that has not been stung. If just the site of the sting swells, you are probably not going to have anaphylaxis if stung again.